Saturday, June 23, 2012

Family

There are are days when I really, truly, hate my family. I once read somewhere that families are biological. A how true that is. No matter the person you are, no matter your temperament, no matter what, you can not chose the house you are born into. A few of us are lucky enough to have carved a place for ourselves in the lives of others, making a family of our own.
The rest of us are stuck with what we have. And it really frustrates and pisses me off to say, this, but my family is annoying. You know how you have friends/acquaintances who only call when they want/need something? I am related to people like that. Makes me wonder what exactly it is about the institution of family that is so worthy? If family and the rest of the world behave in the exact same way, where does the sense lie in exonerating family? What is so amazing about it? 

No comments: