Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Poetry And Matrimonials!

I’m not much of a poet. But there have been times in the past when the poet in me has been drawn out by a slight over indulgence in the spirits. Well it so happened that a few months back I was in Delhi and had had to go all the way to Mathura to attend some wedding function of a friend. Yes my friends the traitors have started getting married. Unfortunately these events have got my poor harassed father very worried and have forced him to start looking through the matrimonial columns of the newspapers. Sad state of affairs but facts remain, my father is a worry wart and shall continue to take random decisions such as this one. Anyway getting back to the point in hand, poetry. So we had gone to this wedding function in Mathura. You know it’s really unfair that he should go through matrimonials. MATRIMONIALS. I mean it’s not as if we will never find men for ourselves (I have a younger sister!) or that the men we do eventually find and want to keep will be complete nincompoops! It’s almost as if he doesn’t trust us at all. I mean what cheek man! Ughhh… I’m deviating from the topic again. So like I said we were at this function and there were drinks there. So obviously, me being me, I was attracted to the bar like a moth is attracted to light. Of course without the knowledge of my poor hapless father. So before the night was over I had managed to over imbibe in the spirits and was a little tipsy and in an extremely poetic mood. So what follows is drunken romanticism. I think it’s pretty neat for someone without a poetic bone in their body.

Stranger in a strange land,
With endless avenues at hand,
It’s hard to decide,
To find some peace of mind,
With so much going on inside

With Orion leading the way,
It’s hard not to say.
The night is beautiful,
An illusion for the fool.
Seducing the unwary,
Abusing the weary.

Star light in the sky,
The moon shining bright.
A meandering road speckled by the light.
We drive through the night,
Without our destination in sight.
Just the star light, just the moon light.

Ha ha ha ha…. Interesting or what? I’m feeling quite pleased with myself. I mean I have never been poetically inclined… and here is a piece of genius! My mind works in strange manners. Well this out of the way, I’m not one to boast too much. Now to address the more serious issue at hand. My soon to expire single status! You know in the 2 decades that I’ve been on this earth; I’ve realized one thing with certainty and without a shadow of doubt. No matter how cool your parents pretend to be, they WILL meddle in your life. I mean I was living a normal happy-go-lucky existence until my father dropped this mega power dung bomb on me. Marriage??? I mean like hello?? I’m barely out of the cradle and he wants to push me out of his house??? Ok ok so I’m 22 yrs old. Cool. Does that mean he starts going through matrimonials? MATRIMONIALS??? Sheesh man those are for the really desperate ones. Not for cool calm composed (not!) people/girls like me. He had threatened to make a profile for me on bharatmatrimony.com. But I’d brushed that off as a bad joke. And it was a long time ago. A very long time ago. Gosh! I never realized he was actually serious. Do you realize the implications of all this?? Do you??? Does anyone know what this means???? I’m going to be made to go through reams of photographs and sit through thousands of vital statistics. Family addresses, numbers, sun signs, favorite colors, height weight, jockey sizes…. You get the drift?? Ok maybe the jockey size was stretching it a bit! Alright the jockey size was a too much, but you never know. More marriages have broken because of lack in size of a certain part of the male anatomy! Anyway, beside the point again. I am distracted tonight! So the torture of choosing a suitable boy starts! Sigh… parents and their whims… I mean why we ALWAYS have to cater to them. There is just never a way out! Pathetic is what I call this! But I guess it is ok. I mean all I am sacrificing is my peace of mind, my single status, my freedom, and my carefree life. Not a lot. Ya right! Fool someone else! Yaaaaa…. Annoying! Have to find a way to slip out of this one. Any ideas?!!

1 comment:

Jaski M said...

tell him ur pregant wiht someone else's kid..:D well untill he takes u off the matrimony.. hahahhahahahahahaha fuck no!!! i dunno wadda say.. tell em... ur abt ur boyfriend and the superman he is..with all his talent and genius or whatver to keep u happy for the rest of ur life and shit... and take the not!! off of there will ya.. this is not!!! happening.. no fair!!!!